Friday, July 8, 2011

good times

I was teaching primary in my ward last Sunday; the topic was how we can all be missionaries. The lesson suggested that I, the teacher, bring in a guest speaker who served a mission and have them talk about being a missionary. I decided to bring in some full-time missionaries and have them talk about how we as members can help them do their job. When I actually got to primary, it was only me and a kid who's family just moved into our ward. The missionaries and I told this cutie about missionary work and asked him questions and stuff. At one point, I told this kid, "I love how smart you are," because he was giving us some really good answers and asking some really good questions. He then told me something to the effect of, "Yeah, people are surprised sometimes at how smart I am cuz I'm only just a kid." Toward the end of the lesson, the elders gave him a couple pass-along cards to give out, and he was SOOOOO EXCITED to make friends and give the cards to them. I told him that when he gave them away, if he wanted more he could ask any missionary for some because they have a bunch more in the trunk of their car, and he got even more excited. It was pretty epic. Good times in primary. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment