Wednesday, March 9, 2011

who knooows?

Ya ever get into one of those moments when someone is reading something out loud to someone else, like, on the computer or whatever, and you wanna tell them something? So you wait til they finish a sentence, start to tell them something, and they treat you like you're an idiot, all asking you, "Was I reading?" as if trying to punish you like a little kid for interrupting them, when they in turn interrupted you in the middle of your sentence? Um, yeah...I'm not sure how to react to that. I gave them time to finish and went into my room to change out of my pjs and into what I'm gonna wear today, figuring that since they said they were almost done, it'd be enough time for them to finish reading. I thought that, since they knew I had something to say, they'd let me know when they were done and tell me when it was a better time for me to talk.

Now one of them is gone and the other is watching tv. On a commercial, I asked him about it. I brought up a good point, he told me that I'm splitting hairs, and then he un-muted the tv. I mumbled something about him not caring, and he asked me what I said. My thing is that if it mattered to him what I said, why would he have un-muted the tv, if he really wanted to know? He told me that they can't read my mind, they don't know what I'm thinking, and I don't expect them to. But I still thought it would have been some sort of common courtesy. :P I mean, I can't read their minds either, I don't know when they're done!

Any ideas on how I can see this differently? Any ideas on how I can better understand where they might have been coming from? I know I wrote this kind of sarcastically, but I really do want other perspectives!

No comments:

Post a Comment