Monday, March 14, 2011

~Sister Jones!~

No lies, I completely love this lady. Sister Jones was called to serve on the General Young Women Board a few years ago, I guess...I'm not completely sure when. It's crazy for me to think that it's been almost a year since I met her. I was attending Snow College at the time; it was my 4th semester there. This one Friday, I was running a tad late for Friday Forum (an hour-long Institute class only on Fridays with a guest speaker), as always. It was the last Friday of March.

I left my house, like, 2 minutes before it was supposed to start, and proceeded to walk the block and a half to the Institute. I had no idea who the speaker was going to be, but I remember that the closer I got to the Institute, the more excited I became to listen to the speaker to the point that I was practically sprinting toward the Institute.

The speaker turned out to be Sister Jones. I don't remember what she talked about; in fact, if you asked me right after she finished speaking, I still wouldn't be able to tell you. But I DO remember how I felt. Ever since I started attending church, I was always told that I'm a beautiful daughter of God. I always knew it in my head, but it never clicked, I never had a testimony of it, until that day. She was the first one to actually make me feel beautiful, the first one who's testimony of it I felt.

The next evening was the General Young Women Broadcast. I don't know that it's possible to feel more beautiful, to feel more loved, than I did those two days. Sister Jones, along with the General Young Women Presidency (Sisters Dalton, Cook, and Dibb), are AMAZING, inspired women of God. If you ever get the chance to listen to them speak, TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment